Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at 10.00am and are an opportunity for members to share their own research interests and discuss future projects and events. Meetings are usually themed and talks and presentations are given either by members or by guest speakers.
- A programme of talks on topics of local historical interest, or on wider issues which relate to such events in the village
- Organising visits to local and distant sites, landscapes, properties, buildings, record offices, archives etc.
- Planning and carrying out local research projects, e.g. graveyard transcriptions and oral histories
- Sharing experiences of growing up in the village and family life in the 20th century and before
- The meetings aim to involve as many local researchers and speakers as possible.
The Memorial Centre, Quarry Road, Brynteg, Wrexham LL11 6AB
Diary Dates for Upcoming Meetings
8 August 2022
The History of Lake Vernwy
12 September 2022
Brereton Park: The History and Archaeology of a Country Estate
10 October 2022
14 November 2022
12 December 2022
You do not have to be a member to come to any of our talks, just drop in and you will be made welcome. So, if you have an interest in any of the upcoming talks feel free to come along and listen.Jim Nuttall, Chairman
Stranger than Fiction
Names in the 1881 Census
Erddig’s Thief Cook: Fact or Fiction